Tuesday, October 26, 2010

we became unexpected grandparents

Ok, don't worry, this has nothing to do with E... They are our "adopted" grand baby fishes. We got a balloon molly a couple of months ago. No one would have dreamed that it would pop out some babies after this long of a time! I heard that they like to give birth around full moon. So I testified that it's true! 

On Friday, Oct 22nd, I was sitting with E at the dining table trying to work on our lunch and we always enjoy the company of the fish while we eat... while I was just kind of starring at it, all in a sudden, I was like, "What the..." At first I thought maybe there were food floating around in the water, but I clearly remember that I didn't just give the fish any since that morning. I took a closer look, I almost screamed. Well, I didn't but I panicked.

Here's the problem, there's actually about 30 of them (you can't see them all in this picture). And the mom eats their young. So, I caught all of them one by one and removed them to this little extra gallon fish bowl we got. I have been scratching my head worrying about their "well being", but they are still doing well in this little gallon fish bowl. They won't last too long in there though.

Anyone wanna take some off my hands?

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

That's crazy. We'd take some off your hands if we lived closer. . .

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

Cassidy, I wish you do! They are actually really cute baby fishes!