Tuesday, March 8, 2011

my half way done projects

Besides blogging, I have many many other projects that are just partly finished so far. I appreciate a few good friends who noticed my desire but lack of motivation and are so encouraging to help me to get something done. I thought I would post my progress here, to thank you for your encouragement and hopefully more pressure on my end to get them done!

Here's this painting that I have been wanting to finish since 5 months ago.

Here's this panda body pillow I have told myself over half a year ago that I want to make for E. He has one since he was about 3 months old and it's been his favorite sleeping pal, and not just sleeping with it, he chews on its four legs and they are getting very nasty and all torn up after over two years. He loves it more and more now that he even pick it up after his sleep and he bring him around the house to play with (he really needs some real playmates!) So I had a good intention to make him one. (We bought it at Ikea back then and was discontinued when we decided to buy an extra one. So if you happened to have one in good condition, I would buy it from you!) 

My goal was to have it done before his birthday but that also passed... you can see in the picture that I haven't gone really far, I am a little stuck with not knowing how to make a perfect cutting for fitting the legs and the face to finish it. So, for those of you who are savvy sewer, if you have any tips, please help!

And here's a picture of the real one.

And we have been living in our home for almost two years now but we are still not finished with the painting job... I stopped since I am expecting this 2nd child.

And here's this little guy in my tummy, also "half way done" :)
Yes, you are right, I said "little GUY". We are expecting another boy. We are very excited and happy for Eli to have a brother to play rough with!

I am 24 weeks tomorrow. Sorry about this low quality picture from my phone. I have not taken any pictures really since I am pregnant.

10 comments:

Ben Martino said...

congrats on another boy! You'll love having a playmate for ELi. I'm impressed with all of your projects. I don't even have any motivation to at least start. We miss you

Unknown said...

yeah for another boy! So happy for you! miss you!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I as well as Em I have no motivation to do anything but wait...wait until the baby is born to face the madness that 4 kids will bring to our house lol. Congrats again on the boy news my friend. Keep working so hard and keep yourself busy. I wish I could help you with ideas but I don't saw :S

Anonymous said...

Polly,你個仔, 愈大愈似你

mei mei

cc-cervantes@blogspot.com said...

Polly I love this picture of you, you are an absolutely beautiful Mommy!

Unknown said...

Polly I miss you! You are adorable! I love the belly on you! so cute! yay for little boys :)

The Yorgason Family said...

Polly you are Gorgeous! I Love your preggo pictures! I'm Sooo excited for you guys! Another boy, How fun!! Eli will have Sooo much fun with his little brother! Miss you guys!

Teresa said...

You are a fit mama! Congratulation and look forward to seeing your new family member =)

Miranda

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! You look great!

Homeowner Insurance

Please Pass the Green said...

Polly, you are so adorable pregnant. And I'm with ya on the half-done projects. We'll have to learn together. I've been letting go a lot more lately and not putting as much pressure on myself. Life's to short to not have unfinished projects.:) There's always something more exciting to try!