Monday, September 27, 2010

a week in washington state: day 5 & 6

Day 5: San Juan Island!

We saw the Orca! Not just one, but many many of them. They are so amazing.

And we took a little walk in the town ...

and window shopping at some vintage shops ...


the ferry station.

As I was trying to take a snap shot of this cool captain statue, Eli also struck a pose. He is always very competitive. We were, at the moment, waiting for some yummy fish tacos.

Good night, beautiful San Juan Island, someday we will visit you longer when we don't have kids that need to take naps and go to bed early.

Day 6: Pike Place Market




My favorite is scallop. I order it every time we visit Pike Place Market. Eli liked it, too.

Freshly made Pirosky's Russian pastry! We ordered the apple cinnamon roll. Hmm, yummy in my tummy.


Another mouthwatering pastry display from other store. I wish I had a huge stomach that afternoon to consume all that.

Seeing this picture I can almost smell the refreshing scent of all kinds of gorgeous flowers there.

One of the few musicians there. I want to be one of them.

Notice the size of this piano... this guy just roll the piano down the hill and sat there and start playing and singing...

Eli was so interested in everything he saw there, too.

I love farmer's market. I love fresh fruits, fish, bakery, flowers and wonderful talents from some artistic hands, eyes and ears. It fulfills all my senses.

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!! I love Pike's market. Good shot of the Orca!!
It's a bummer we weren't able to run into each other in Wa. Someday.
Cute family, guys!!

Aika said...

Fun!!! I want to go to Seattle again so bad! Lucky! Miss you!

DNAgallows said...

So neat! I had no idea that was there. Looks like a fun trip!

Beth said...

Wow is all I can say.
The piano is fun--wouldn't that be fun? Next time, you should ask give him $3 and ask if you can play for him.
Amazing photography. Some of the best photos of Seattle I've ever seen.

jon♥kara said...

Hey Polly, just found your blog from Bobbie's. Looks like you guys had a great trip, with lots of yummy food! And your photography is so beautiful and creative! What camera do you have I want to invest in a nicer one?

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

What a fun family trip! San Juan Island looks great. I'm glad you got to spend time with his family!