A few years ago I read a talk by one of the Elders in my church named Russell M. Nelson titled "Nurturing Marriage" which ended with this poem (below). I love it so much that I wrote it down in one of my sketch books with ink and pen. I just came across with it last night again. It's so beautifully written and I thought you would love it, too:
Because you come to me with naught save love,
Because you come to me with naught save love,
And hold my hand and lift mine eyes above,
A wider world of hope and joy I see,
Because you come to me.
A wider world of hope and joy I see,
Because you come to me.
Because you speak to me in accents sweet,
I find the roses waking round my feet,
And I am led through tears and joy to thee,
Because you speak to me.
I find the roses waking round my feet,
And I am led through tears and joy to thee,
Because you speak to me.
Because God made thee mine, I’ll cherish thee
Through light and darkness, through all time to be,
And pray His love may make our love divine,
Because God made thee mine.
Through light and darkness, through all time to be,
And pray His love may make our love divine,
Because God made thee mine.
by Edward Teschemacher (1902)
What a beautiful way of illustrating a husband and wife relationship along with God. Being able to express feelings through poetry is one of the talents that I wish to possess.
2 comments:
Aww that really is a sweet poem. Thanks for sharing it. I miss you Polly!
That is such a cute poem! I love it. You are right, it's a perfect way to describe a spouse and our relationship with God. Thank you very much for sharing it Polly:)
Post a Comment