If you define SHADOW as something that never leaves your leg, then I have three of them. Let's count them. There is the shadow of mine, and then... there is Eli, and his shadow. We took a walk the other day and I turned around, looking down on the ground, confirmed to me that I had 3 shadows that were stuck with me.
I remember when Eli was still a newborn, people would remind me how I should enjoy being able to hold him all the time, because in a few months everything would change, and I would even be able to catch up with him.
Well, it has been 18 months. Both of our mothers informed us that was exactly how we were as a baby. He is in a my arm's reach constantly, especially the past few weeks we have been taking him to the nursery at church and after our week long trip to Washington, this situation has gotten even more intense.
In some ways it has it's benefits. Like when I go out to a store, crossing the parking lot or the streets, at a park, I never have to worry to look out for a child who wandered off. I just have to check one of my finger... yep, his little hand is there. I've got nothing to worry about, we are good to go!
Anyhow, seeing how we are with our mothers now, I guess I will take heed of the advice about taking my time to enjoy being able to hold him, but just in a longer run, in a few years maybe. He is my everything now, he is my life!
Picture taken at the shore of Vashon Island in Washington State.

4 comments:
congratulations!!! Eli is going to be such a good big brother! How are you feeling? I hope I can see you in a couple months and catch up more!
Good luck with nursery! Little Elden can go next month, but we are going to wait until he can start walking! This is great he sticks by you. What a cute boy!
Sooo Precious! I Love your blog and all of your cute pictures! Miss you!! :)
My gosh I'm so behind with commnets polly. Hanna's first day at nursery will be this sunday. Wish us luck. I will miss my little chipmunk, but I'm so ready to pay attention to the classes again:)
Miss ya
Post a Comment